Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Are there any songs in Creole you'd recommend? I'm having trouble finding ANY music in this language.

What genre of music are you looking for? And
What's the purpose? worship? enjoyment? dancing?  Romance?

2 comments:

  1. Hmm, Maybe something a little contemporary, pop or rnb. Mostly enjoyment or dance really. Maybe some romance. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pop and R&B are not particularly what I would think of, if I were looking for Creole music.

    Styles of music played in Haiti (or other Creole-speaking territories) are Konpa, Twoubadou, mereng, kretyen, folklò, Zouk, Rara, etc...

    So if you want to dance to Creole music, choose some KOMPA style from Tabou Combo, Zenglen, Zouk Machine, Top Vice, etc...

    And if you want Romantic Creole music, choose some Zouk music style from Jocelyne Beroard and other Zouk masters. And also Beethova Obas, Toto Laraque, and other twoubadou genre.

    In my opiniion, the most romantic is Zouk. Also, "Chansonettes Françaises" used to be considered romantic in my days in Haiti.

    ReplyDelete