Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Monday, October 24, 2011

God bless in creole

May God bless you. (God bless)
Ke Bondye beni w.

Go in peace.
Ale an pè.
or
Ale ak lapè.

May the wisdom of the Lord be with you.
Se pou sajès Bondye avè w.

May the light of God shine upon you.
Se pou limyè Bondye klere w.

May the joy of the Lord abide in your heart.
Se pou lajwa Bondye ret nan kè nou.

Peace be with you!
Lapè avè w!
or
Ke lapè Bondye avè w!

Receive grace, mercy, joy, and peace in the name of Jesus our Lord.
Resevwa lagras, padon, lajwa, ak lapè nan non Jezi Bondye nou an.

4 comments:

  1. I was wondering if a saying like "I am a child of the Great I AM" would translate over or make no sense? I was thinking "m' ye yon timoun nan gwo m' ye"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, it wouldn't translate well.
      Try:

      Mwen se pitit Granmèt la. (I am a child of the Great Master)
      Mwen se pitit Bondye Vivan an. (I am a child of the Giving God)

      Delete
  2. Hello, how would you say God Bless Haiti in Haitian Creole?

    ReplyDelete
  3. God Bless Haiti - Bondye Beni Ayiti OR Se pou Bondye beni Ayiti

    ReplyDelete