Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Sunday, October 9, 2011

I'm a little confused. I thought "I love you" was "Mwen renmen ou." But I keep seeing that this also means "I like you." I am looking for a strong way to say "I love you." What would you say to your son or daughter?

Yes, you are right.

To love, in Haitian Creole, is translated as: Renmen.
I love you.
Mwen renmen ou.

To like, in Haitian Creole, is also translated as: Renmen.
I like this chair.
Mwen renmen chèz sa.

Other ways to express love in Haitian Creole, as in English, are:

I love you (as in I'm fond of you).
Mwen gen afeksyon pou ou.

I care for you.
Mwen sousye m pou ou.

I'm in love with you.
Mwen damou pou ou.

He cherishes me.
Li dòlote mwen.
To cherish or caress → dòlote

I appreciate you.
Mwen apresye ou.

and others...

2 comments: