Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

"so that" or "in order to" - Would that be "pou"? As in, "Give me your number so that I can call you."

Yes, you are correct. It would be pou.
Sometimes you will see a variation of "so that I can" → "pou m ka", "pou m kapab"

1. Give me your number so that I can call you.
    Ban m nimewo w pou m ka rele w.

2. Put your shoes on so that we can go.
    Mete soulye w pou nou ale.

3. Hurry up so that we're not late.
    Prese vit pou nou pa anreta.

4. Move away so that we can get through.
    Rale kò w pou nou ka pase.

5. Take your clothes off so that the doctor may examine you.
    Retire rad ou pou doktè a egzaminen ou.

6. Close your eyes so that I may kiss you.
    Fèmen zye w pou m anbrase w.

7. Put your glasses on so that you can see better.
    Mete linèt ou pou ou ka wè mye.

8. Turn on the light so that I can see where I'm going.
    Limen limyè a pou m ka wè kote m prale.

Note:  I have used a lot of contractions in these sentences.
m contraction for mwen.
w contraction for ou

No comments:

Post a Comment