Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

But can someone form St. Lucia understand a Haitian and visa-verse?

Both Haitian and Saint Lucian Creole have French, Spanish, English, native Indian, African and other origin. A good percentage of the vocabulary's the same. But these two languages could not be any more different.

In my conversations with Saint Lucians, at times I'll get what they were talking about and other times I would be completely lost. I do better when I read their Creole. I imagine it's the same for them when it comes to Haitian Creole.

So, which Creole do YOU speak?

4 comments:

  1. I'm learning Haitian Creole as we speak, but I also have friends form Saint Lucia and would like to communicate with them as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They will probably understand a lot of the Haitian Creole vocabulary. You will also find that their phraseology is different.

    Keep it up my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No thank you! This site has been very helpful for me in learning the language.

    ReplyDelete