Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

1. loose vs lose2. of vs off3. its vs it's

lose (v.) → pèdi

Mwen pèdi.
I'm lost.

Mwen te pèdi valiz mwen ayè.
I lost my bag yesterday.
______________________

loose (not tight) → lach, lage
loose (morally) → lib, konsa konsa
loosen v.) → lage, lache

Kòd la twò lach, li p'ap ka kenbe.
The rope is too loose, it won't hold.

Ala fanm lib!
What a careless / loose woman!

Li  te lage chèn yo pou libere nou.
He loosened the chains to set us free.
_________________________

of - is not practically translated in Haitian Creole.

No comments:

Post a Comment