Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Monday, February 6, 2012

Bon swa. I like your posted list of books you've read or are still reading (left column of this page.)

Bonjou a ou menm tou!
Yes, I continue to read.

You know my last two books, Haiti, Aftershocks of History and Unbroken Agony, the Kidnapping of a President , left me with the impression that the events of Haiti or Haitian leaders are nothing but puppets being controlled by hostile characters. It seems, according to Laurent Dubois and Randall Robinson, Haiti has only a past that she can be proud of, and that's where it stops. Her future looks grim since her people are unable to make crucial changes. This can't be true.

Last week, I picked up Love, Anger, and Madness, the Haitian Trilogy, but I don't think I'm ready for another depressing journey. I'm saving it for spring time reading, when my spirits would most likely be able to handle the bittersweet ramble.

A friend just sent me Black Haiti, A Biography of Africa's Eldest Daughter. It looks interesting. I will venture in with caution :)

2 comments:

  1. If you decide to take that venture, please share your experiences with us....:) (this was another try)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dakò, ma va fè sa :)
    Agree, I'll do that :)

    ReplyDelete