Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

What's the difference between nenpot and okenn? - yfs

nenpòt - any, anything, whichever
nenpòt sa, nenpòt kisa, nenpòt bagay → anything
nenpòt kote, nenpòt ki kote → anywhere
nenpòt lè → whenever


Nenpòt moun kapab jwe gita.
Anyone can play guitar.


Yo kwè nenpòt sa li di.
They believe anything he says.


Mwen p'ap manje nan nenpòt restoran.
I will not eat in just any restaurant.




Okenn - none, no, not any


Okenn moun pa vini.
No one came.


Pa gen okenn lajan nan kont lan.
There's no money in the account.


Mwen p'ap pale ak okenn moun.
I will not talk to anyone.
I'll tak to no one.

No comments:

Post a Comment