Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Monday, May 7, 2012

While in Haiti, a friend was explaining to me an expression : tet chajay (full head). I think she was telling me this means you are overwhelmed. That you have a lot going on in your mind. Is this correct?

Yes.

Tèt chaje n. (expression) → problems, difficulty, obstacle, dilemma, calamity, anxiety disturbance

Bagay sa se yon tèt chaje.
This thing is a mess.


Pa pale ak fi sa.  Li se yon tèt chaje.
Do not talk to this girl.  She's trouble.


Pote tout tèt chaje ou yo nan pye lakwa a.
Bring all your worries at the foot of the cross.


Ala yon tèt chaje!
What a dilemma!




To use tèt chaje as a verb (to be burdened, to be overwhelmed), place the subject between the words tèt and chaje.

Tèt mwen chaje.
I have a lot on my mind.
I'm overwhelmed.

Tèt li chaje.
He/she is troubled.


Eske tèt ou chaje?
Are you burdened?
More links for tèt chaje, tèt chaje ak tèt cho,

2 comments: