Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Can the word MENM translate NOT AT ALL, just like DITOU?


Yes, as long as you use it in a negative sentence. It will not translate not...at all with a positive sentence.
ex:
1. Mwen pa renmen sa menm.
   I don't like this at all.

2. Li pa pale avè'm menm.
    He doesn't talk to me at all.

3. Kisa w'ap regle?  Mwen pa wè'w menm?
   What are you up to?  I don't see you at all.

4. Li ka byen malad.  Li pa manje menm.
    She may well be sick.  She doesn't eat at all.

Haitian Creole ↔ English Reference, Look up Haitian Creole and English Words

No comments:

Post a Comment