Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Do you know about this haitian leg cramp home remedy? It's a remedy where someone shake a cloth on the cramped leg. What's in the cloth?

Well, there's nothing in the cloth, and it's not just a piece of cloth.
It's a very unconventional treatment.
If you're having leg cramp (or your leg is asleep), you simply ask a child, who is an habitual bed wetter, to come and shake the fringe of his clothing over your cramped leg for temporary relief.  I cannot comment on whether it works or not, but it's done often.  If you should ever witness this, you'd see that a group of kids might be playing marbles or jumping rope and all of a sudden one of them is called into an 'adult circle', and you'll see the kid wave his/her clothing over someone's leg matter-of-factly, and then the kid goes back to his/her game.
Have I ever been asked to shake my clothes over someone's leg? Yes, when I was very little :)
Have I ever ask a kid to shake their clothes over my leg? No, are you kidding me :)

Haitian Creole ↔ English Reference, Look up Haitian Creole and English Words

No comments:

Post a Comment