Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Sunday, December 23, 2012

I attended a well inauguration ceremony in the central plateau and the group sang a song that had words like: Ka se ka se ka se mai ka se ma i ya jan m' vle. Something about corn and something about "we want it". I'm looking for the lyrics. Ideas?

Sounds like a vodou, angaje, or konbit song.
There are a couple of books on amazon.com which might have this song.  You will be able to search the words to this song without buying the book.
Click on the book on the amazon.com website, search the key words KASE MAYI and you might have some of these books come up. Click on one of these books, click on the SEARCH INSIDE arrow and you can type in some of the words in the search box and you'll see a whole list of songs with the words "KASE MAYI".
My friends tell me that you might have better luck searching for the conga rhythm Kase (on MP3s) , or the type of dance called kase.
There's also the cd Rhythms of rapture It has a "Mayi" rhythm.
I'll keep my ears and eyes open :)

Haitian Creole ↔ English Reference, Look up Haitian Creole and English Words

No comments:

Post a Comment