Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

I see the word FOUT can be used a s a verb when you say "Li Fout mwen deyò"

men wi.
Fout, as a verb, can translate a lot of verbs.

Fout (or flanke) to expel, to give (in a badass, hostile way)

1. Li fout mwen deyò.
    She kicked me out.

2. Fout ou deyò.
   Get out
   more specifically
   Get the hell out.

3. Li fout mwen yon kalòt.
    He gave me a slap.
    He slapped me.

4. Li te vin goumen avè'm.  E mwen fout li yon bèl so.
    He came to fight with me.  And I gave him a great tumble.
    He came to fight with me.  And I knocked him to the ground

5. Mwen fout li yon bèl jouman.
   I gave him a nice insult.
  I cursed at him.

Haitian Creole ↔ English Reference, Look up Haitian Creole and English Words

2 comments:

  1. Question bout using "fout" as to "expel." You use it with "deyò," but is it possible with other destinations? Do I ever need any helping word, like... nan, jouk, rive? Can I use them optionally? Pa egzanp:

    -Fout pe la ou m'ap fout ou (jouk) laginen!
    -Madanm mwen fout mwen (rive) Okap. Eske m ka dòmi isit aswè a?

    Eske fraz sa yo posib?

    Mèsi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dakò :)

      When using fout (as a verb), possible destinations can be:
      an enclosed place (use helping word NAN)
      Yo fout yo nan yon bato.
      Yo fout li nan prizon.
      Li fout madanm ni nan lopital moun fou.


      on the surface of an object (use helping word SOU)
      Li fout manje an atè a pou mwen tankou yon chen.
      Li fout soulye sal la sou tab la.
      Li fout lajan an sou kabann nan pou mwen kòm si m te yon fi movèz vi



      Your first sentence is very clever. It is possible. The author is irritated enough, “he just might throw you all the way to langinen if you don't quiet down”

      As for the second sentence, we can use the helping word NAN, and say ”Madanm mwen fout mwen nan yon kamyon pou m’al Okap…

      Remember, using FOUT instead of these other verbs indicates anger, disgust, irritation, annoyance, or any type of excitability.

      SO,Fout can translate the following words:

      to give (as in to fork over; to hand over; to cause an injury, a loss, a disease, etc…)
      Examples:
      1.Fout mwen lajan’m.
      Give me my danm money.

      2.Mwen te kouche avè’l. Li fout mwen yon move maladi.
      I slept with her. She gave me a bad disease.

      To put (to place, to position)
      Examples:
      3.Fout pitit la atè non! Si w’ap kenbe l tout tan, li p’ap janm mache pou kont li.
      Put the kid on the danm floor! If you hold him all the time, he’ll never walk on his own.

      4.Li pa’t respekte paran l, se pousa yo fout li nan lari.
      He didn’t respect his parents, that’s why they kicked his ass to the streets.

      5.Lè Ayisyen yo te rive Miami, yo fout yo nan yon bato pou voye yo tounen.
      When the Haitians got to Miami, they stuffed them on a boat to send them back.

      To throw (as in to pitch, to toss, to hurl)
      Examples:
      6.Fout ou deyò!
      Get out! Or Put yourself out!

      7.Mandyan an the vin mande’m lajan, men mwen fout li yon bèl malonèt.
      The beggar came to ask me for money, but I gave him a nice reproach.
      The beggar came to ask me for money, but I rebuffed him.

      8.Fout ou anndan!
      Get inside danm it!

      Delete