Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Thanks, but, I wrote: Jezi, renmen ou pouvwa pou chase tout pè. Is it correct? I thinked in: Jesus, your love casts out all fear..

No it's not correct.  There needs to be a verb between the subject "RENMEN OU" and the object "POUVWA".  OR you could omit "POUVWA POU".  So, you'll either have:
1. Jezi, renmen ou gen pouvwa pou chase tout pè.
or
2. Jezi, renmen ou chase tout pè.

and here are a few more suggestions:

3. Jezi, lanmou ou gen pouvwa pou chase tout laperèz. (that would be my #1 choice)
or
4. Jezi, renmen ou chase tout laperèz
or.
5. Jezi, lanmou ou chase tout enkyetid.
or
6. Jezi, renmen ou se pouvwa pou chase tout laperèz.

Haitian Creole ↔ English Reference, Look up Haitian Creole and English Words

No comments:

Post a Comment