Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Sunday, March 10, 2013

I was trying to translate this on the google translator, but I'm not sure if what I am getting is accurate. There it is, 'flanke deye (with accents on the "e") ou yon kote" . mesi pou ed ou.

Flanke dèyè ou yon kote.
Sit your butt down.
Sit your ass down.
Stay put.

This is what you might say to someone who's being a handful and you want them to sit and quiet down.  But since it's a little vulgar you should not invite guests in your house to sit down in your living room with that sentence .... unless you don't want them coming back :)

Haitian Creole ↔ English Reference, Look up Haitian Creole and English Words

No comments:

Post a Comment