Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Monday, March 25, 2013

You might already have this son your blog, but I can't find it. What is 'moun pa"?

Moun pa → favoritism, preference, partisanship, also friend, buddy

1.  Ou ta byen sezi pou w konnen ke menm nan legliz gen moun pa.
     You'd be surprised to know that even in church there's favoritism.

2.  Nan syèl la p'ap gen zafè moun pa.  Tout moun va egal ego.
     In heaven there won't be any bias.  Everyone will be equal.

3. Mwen pa nan moun pa.
    I am not playing favorite.
    I am unbiased.
    

4.  "Menm nan lanfè gen moun pa." (expression)
     "Even in hell there's preferential treatment."

also.

5. Kite l antre.  Li se moun pa m.
   Let him in. He's a friend. (someone I know well).

Haitian Creole ↔ English Reference, Look up Haitian Creole and English Words

No comments:

Post a Comment