Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Bonjou Mandaly e mèsi pou tout ki fè w. I have a question about how to say "Poma Rosa" (Puerto Rico) or "Manzana de Agua" (Central America) It grows on a beautifully green tree is pinkish or red, very juicy with a subtle flavor. It also lays down a purple carpet when it's blooms drop. There are so many fruits I know and love but I don't even know how to say them in English, mch less creole. Mèsi anpil.

Dakò, mèsi anpil :)

Poma rosa (Syzygium malaccense) or mountain apple in English is called pomwoz or pòm woz in Haiti grows abundantly in the Northeast regions of Haiti per agronomist Francois Séverin.
I think I should say that it is not the same as pòm kajou (Anacardium occidentale), ...in case the latter comes up.

Haitian Creole ↔ English Reference, Look up Haitian Creole and English Words

No comments:

Post a Comment