Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Thursday, February 26, 2015

What does rann li kont mean?

rann kont has two meanings.
rann kont - to account for
rann (pronoun) kont - to realize, to become aware.

1.Mwen pa't rann mwen kont se te ak yon vòlè m t'ap boule.
   I didn't realize that I was dealing with a crook.

2. Mwen byen ak misye lontan men se tou lotrejou la a mwen vin rann mwen kont ke se itilize li t'ap itilize'm.
    I've been friends with him for a long time but it's only recently I realized that he was just using me.

3. Li pa't rann li kont ke tout moun t'ap gade li nan yon kamera.
    He didn't realized that everyone was watching him on a camera.

and the other meaning.....

4. Nan jou jijman an tout moun pral rann kont de sa yo te fè sou tè a.
    On judgement day everyone will give account of what they did on earth. 

5. Se granmoun mwen ye.  Sa mwen fè pa konsènen okenn moun. Mwen pa gen pou m rann kont bay pyès moun.
I'm an adult.  What I do is my business. I don't have to report to anyone.

Haitian Creole ↔ English Reference, Look up Haitian Creole and English Words

No comments:

Post a Comment