Listen to and Follow The Podcast at SOUVNI ON THE MIKE with Podcast Transcripts available. Advanced Haitian Creole Learners, you have arrived :). Souvni On The Mike stands as a vibrant cultural beacon in the digital soundscape, offering a weekly immersion into the heart of Haitian language and life. This Haitian Creole podcast transforms the airwaves into a dynamic classroom and cultural salon, where education, entertainment, and community connection converge. Follow the podcast.

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Bonswa Mandaly! One quick question, I was looking to use the Creole word fonse, but I found so many definitions that I’m confused now. Can I use it to say –they broke the door–yo fonse pot la? Also what are other ways you can use that word? Thanks.

1.
Use defonse – to knock down, to dismount, to dismantle
They broke down the door…
Yo te defonse pòt la…..

Also….

2.
fonse (sou) (verb) – to attack, to charge at, to assault
He charged at me like a bull.
Li fonse sou mwen kon yon towo bèf.

3.
Fonse (verb) – to frown
She always has a frown.
Sousi l toujou fonse.

4.
And then there’s anfonse
Anfonse – to sink
The more he tried to get out of the water, the deeper he sank.

Tank l t ap eseye soti nan dlo a se tank li t ap anfonse plis toujou.

Haitian Creole ↔ English Reference, Look up Haitian Creole and English Words

No comments:

Post a Comment