Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Thank you so much for your blog, I have learned so much!!! Men yon kesyon pou ou, Kijan yo di "birthmom or biological mom" nan kreyol? Is there a translation, or a way to get the concept across? Two of my boys are adopted and when I visit my friends in Haiti I want to explain they are adopted. Mesi anpil!!!

Hi. Thanks :)

There's not a specific word for birthmom

my birthmom - manman ki te ban m nesans
adoptive parent - paran adoptif
adoptive mom - manman adoptif
adopted child - pitit adoptif

I am not his birthmom. - Se pa mwen ki te ba li nesans.
I am not their birthmom. - Se pa mwen ki te ba yo nesans.
He's my adopted child. - Li se pitit adoptif mwen.
They are my adopted children. - Yo se pitit adoptif mwen

Some people tend to translate birthmom as vrè manman (true mom), do not use that translation.

Haitian Creole ↔ English Reference, Look up Haitian Creole and English Words

No comments:

Post a Comment