Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Saturday, April 22, 2017

Hi Mandalay, How would you say the word outspoken? My mother always uses the term 'mete dlo nan bouch' but is there just one word or two word phrase that can be used that I don't know of? I'm full of questions today Thanks for your help.

Bonjou wi!

I like the term 'mete dlo nan bouch ou' because it so descriptive :)
But we usually say 'kare' or 'kare bare'.

Li se yon moun ki kare.
Li se yon moun ki pale kare.
Li pale kare bare. (There's not specific translation for 'bare' here. It's mostly used because it rhymes with 'kare')
Dakò?
Haitian Creole ↔ English Reference, Look up Haitian Creole and English Words

2 comments:

  1. M konprann (for the most part, lol) Except, I don't think I have heard the term Kare bare before, what does that literally translate to?
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There isn't a literal translation for kare bare that'll give you any hint of its meaning. It's just an expression.
      kare means square, upfront
      bare means to block

      Delete