Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Monday, April 11, 2011

'going barefoot' translation. you ever walked long distance barefoot?

barefoot - pye atè
going barefoot - mache pye atè

I used to go barefoot when I lived in Haiti. The unpaved rocky alleyways of Arcahaie never bothered me. But after so many years of living in the US, I tried it once when I went back to Haiti, I could not even make it to five steps (not with the rocks!) . I have seen many people go barefoot, especially the ones carrying baskets of merchandise on their head to the market. I think the sole of their feet toughens up after a while and they get used to it. I also think that it could get dangerous if they'd step on a piece of broken glass or a rusty nail and they didn't have their tetanus shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment