Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

What's the difference between understand and understanding in creole?

to understand (comprehend) konprann

I understand you.
Mwen konprann ou*.
*(Do not put a contraction after the verb "konprann". This word ends with a consonant, threfore, we cannot have a contraction after it.)

I don't understand you.
Mwen pa konprann ou.

Do you understand me?
Eske ou konprann mwen?


Understanding (comprehension) bon konprann, entelijans

His spirit gives us understanding.
Lespri li ban nou bon konprann.

You're acting like you have no understanding at all.
W'ap aji tankou yon moun ki pa gen bon konprann.

No comments:

Post a Comment