Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Monday, December 12, 2011

Where I can buy Christmas decorations that depict Tonton Nowèl as Haitian (rather than Caucasian)? I have a single plastic image and can't find any others!

By Haitian, you mean ethnic?
You can always google the words "ethnic santas", "ethnic christmas ornaments".
Amazon.com has a few of them.
JCPenney has some.
The ornaments from the Haitian websites are mostlly "xmas flag ornaments and stuff" - Not too christmasy.
But the best place to find ethnic ornaments at a really cheap price are the thrift and antique stores.

I have yet to buy brand new ethnic ornaments.
All the ones I have so far, I got from the thrift and antique stores in the Tarpon Springs, Florida.



2 comments:

  1. "ethnic"? I would have never come up with that word. I'll see how it works out. Mèsi.

    ReplyDelete