Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Monday, February 27, 2012

How can I explain to someone when and how to use the following stress words in Creole: Mwen la WI Li pa la NON Ban m sa a NON

Ah yes! There's nothing like it in the English language, is there?

Sometimes, I tell people it's more like putting an emphasis or accentuation.

Mwen la wi.
I'm here yes I am.

Li pa la non.
He's not home, no he's not.

Ban m sa non.
Give it to me, wouldn' t you.

M pa pi mal non.
I'm not too bad no I'm not.

M te sonje w wi.
I missed you yes I did.

I have some non-Creole speaking friends who actually went around a whole day adding a "yes" after each positive sentences they uttered, and a "no" after each negative sentences. Mezanmi! Sa te komik!

No comments:

Post a Comment