Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Depi kèk tan...

Depi kèk tan → for some time
Depi yon bon bout tan → for quite some time.

1. Kijan manman w ye?  Mwen pa wè l depi kèk tan.
    How's your mom?  I haven't seen her for some time.

2. Depi kèk tan m'ap priye, men bagay yo pa janm chanje.
    For some time now I've been praying, but things haven't changed.

3. Mwen pa kwè w'ap jwenn ray tren Ayiti ankò.  Yo te retire yo depi yon bon bout tan.
    I don't think you'll find any railroad tracks in Haiti anymore.  They removed them quite some time ago.

4.  Depi yon bon bout tan ma'p reve pou m ale Itali.  Jodi a se jou pou rèv mwen vin reyalite.
    For quite some time I've been dreaming of going to Italy.  Today is the day my dream comes true.


Haitian Creole ↔ English Reference, Look up Haitian Creole and English Words

No comments:

Post a Comment