Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Saturday, February 16, 2013

M pase pa m??? (in English)

Pase pa → to go through hard time, to go through tough times (Sometimes, e also say "pase kont")

1.  Mwen te pase pa m.
     I went through some hard times.

2.  M te abite ak fanmi matant mwen pandan m te kolèj. Moun sa yo fè m pase pa'm.
     I lived with my aunt's family while I was going to college.  These people gave me a hard time.

3. M'ap pran yon kou esapnyòl nan inivèsite a.  Se pa'm m'ap pase ak pwofesè a, tank li malouk!
    I'm taking a Spanish course at the university.  I'm having a hard time with the professor, he so mean!

4. Lè papa m te vwayaje nan peyi Etazini nan ane swasant (60) yo, te gen anpil prejije nan peyi a.  Yo te fè l pase pa'l anvan l te resi jwenn yon bon ti travay.
   When my dad came to the US in the sixties, there were a lot of discrimination.  They gave me a hard time before he could find a decent job. 

so, you'll say:
mwen pase pa'm (I went through tough times)
ou pase pa'w (You went through tough times)
li pase pa'l (He / She went through tough times)
nou pase pa'n (We went through tough times) 
yo pase pa yo. (They went through tough times)


Haitian Creole ↔ English Reference, Look up Haitian Creole and English Words

No comments:

Post a Comment