Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Sunday, March 3, 2013

What is chemet chemetres?

chèmèt chèmètrès (or chè mèt chè mètrès)
Think of French cher maître, chère maîtresse → dear master, dear mistress (if that helps)
In H. Creole it means sole proprietor of, owner, master, landlord

1.  Mwen se chèmèt chèmètrès kay la.  Mwen gen dwa fè sa m vle avè l.
     I am the owner of the house.  I can do whatever I want with it.

2.  Lè papa Tijan mouri, tout Kòporasyon an va rele l chèmèt chèmètrès.  
     When Tijan's father dies the whole Corporation will be his.

3. Machin mwen rele m chèmèt chèmètrès. Se sèl mwen ki ka deside si pou m vann ni ou pa.
    The car is mine.  Only I can decide if I should sell it or not.
    
4. Nan lane 1803, peyi Etazini te vin chèmèt chèmètrès teritwa Lwizyàn nan.  Lafrans pa't gen kontwòl sou pòsyon tè sa a ankò.
    In the year 1803, the United States became the owner of the Louisiana territory.  France no longer had control over this portion of land.

Haitian Creole ↔ English Reference, Look up Haitian Creole and English Words

No comments:

Post a Comment