Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Monday, April 15, 2013

Can you give some examples for the usage of the term 'sou san' which I believe means 'willing'. How can I best use it?

Sou san → to be amenable, to be in good mood, to be well disposed
You got to use a pronoun after "sou san."

1. Li pa sou san l jodi a.
    He's not in a good mood today.

2. Tanpri kite m anrepo. Mwen pa sou san m jodi a.
    Please leave me alone. I'm not in a good mood today.

3. Madanm sa a, se lè l sou san l sèlman li fè manje nan kay la.
    This woman only cooks in the house when she feels like it.

4. Depi w wè li pa sou san l, pa gen pyès moun ki ka pale avè'l.
    When she's not in a good mood, no one can talk to her.

Haitian Creole ↔ English Reference, Look up Haitian Creole and English Words

No comments:

Post a Comment