Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Lik 7:26 Men, manyè di m' kisa nou tal wè? Yon pwofèt? Wi. Mwen menm, mwen di nou: li pi plis pase yon pwofèt. ( Can you please translate above into English ? more details for "manyè", "tal" plz. kamsa hamnida)

manyè - at least, more or less; Click on this link to see the different ways you can you MANYÈ

manyè (lit. manner, way) → in a way, in some manner
manyè di m  → in a way, tell me; at least tell me

tal, here, is a contraction for "te ale".  I would have written it as "t'al" or "t al"

Men   |  manyè    | di m      |   kisa  | nou              | t'al    | wè
But      | at least    |  tell me  |  what  | you (plural)    | went  | see
But, won't you at least tell me what you went to see?

Wi  | Mwen menm | mwen di nou | li    | pi plis |  pase | yon pwofèt
Yes  | myself            | I tell you         |  he  | more   | than   | a prophet
Yes. As for me, I tell you he's more than a prophet.


"Men, manyè di m' kisa nou tal wè? Yon pwofèt? Wi. Mwen menm, mwen di nou: li pi plis pase yon pwofèt."
"But, at least tell me what you went to see? A prophet? Yes. As for me, I tell you, "He's more than a prophet."

Haitian Creole ↔ English Reference, Look up Haitian Creole and English Words

2 comments: