Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

I have translated the song "God You Reign" into Creole and was told that the word for "reign" was renye. Is this incorrect or can I use "renye" for the English word reign?

yes, renye v. is correct.  Sometimes it's also written as reye, if you were to google it.
The noun is reny (ren-y), as in His reign will last forever → Reny li va dire pou tout tan.

Haitian Creole ↔ English Reference, Look up Haitian Creole and English Words

No comments:

Post a Comment