Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Monday, June 3, 2013

"Se ap pale m ap pale?" I was told that this construction is wrong. Can you explain in details (please :) the construction of this sentence; and other emphatic terms too, if you would. thanks.

You can get this down by first WRITING DOWN YOUR MAIN SENTENCE while keeping in mind what the main verb is.  Then you can add SE + that MAIN VERB in front of the sentence:

1. For example:
    The sentence:             M'ap pale. (I'm talking)
     Main verb is:              Pale (to speak)
     Add Se + main verb in front of that sentence : Se pale m'ap pale.

Se pale m'ap pale.
I'm talking or I'm just talking.


2. another example:
    Main sentence:           Ou pa konnen sa m'ap pase. (You don't know what I'm going through)
    Main verb:                  Konnen (to know)
    Add Se + main verb in front of that sentence :  Se konnen ou pa konnen sa m'ap pase.

Se konnen w pa konnen sa m'ap pase.
You just don't know what I'm going through.


3. One more example:
    Main sentence:           Li pral benyen. (He's going to take a shower)
    Main verb:                 benyen
    Add se + main verb in front of that sentence:   Se benyen li pral benyen.

Se benyen li pral benyen.
He's going to shower.


USAGE

Used in question form:
4.  Poukisa ou vin anreta konsa?  Eske se pèdi ou te pèdi?
     Keep in mind the main sentence is underlined.
     Why did you come so late? Did you get lost?

5.  Poukisa ou vòlè pen an?  Eske se grangou w te grangou konsa?
     Why did you steal the bread?  Were you that hungry?

Used to indicate that one is JUST / JUST ABOUT / SIMPLY /  doing something:
6. Tanpri, pa fache. Se jwe m ta'p jwe ak ou.
    Please, don't be angry, I was only playing with you.

7. Tann mwen non!  Se abiye m'ap abiye.  M preske pare.
     Wait for me!  I am just getting dressed.  I'm almost ready..

8. M kontan vizit ou, men se soti m ta pral soti; donk mwen p'ap ka rete pale avè'w.
   I'm happy about your visit, but I was just going out; so I can't stay and talk to you

9. Nou se etranje sou tè sa a.  Se pase n'ap pase.
    We are strangers on this earth.  We're just passing by.

10. Pa okipe li.  Ou pa wè se eseye l'ap eseye fè w fache.
      Main sentence here is underlined: l'ap eseye fè' w fache - he's trying to make you mad. - lit.
      Don't pay attention to him.  Don't you see that he's trying to piss you off.

11. Se renmen l renmen w ki fè l aji konsa.
      He likes you which makes him act like that.
      He likes you.  That's why he acts this way


Haitian Creole ↔ English Reference, Look up Haitian Creole and English Words

No comments:

Post a Comment