Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Saturday, February 15, 2014

How do you ask someone to bring you something or get you something? "Please get me a loaf of bread from the store.

We use “pote” , “mennen”, and sometimes “pran
Examples:
1. Mennen l ban mwen. or Pote l ban mwen. - Bring it to me.
2. Pran l pou mwen tanpri. - Get it for me please.
3. Bring me the baby. - Pote bebe a ban mwen.
4. Get me a cold glass of water please. - Pote yon vè dlo glase pou mwen tanpri.
5. Can you get this bag for m? I can reach it. - Eske w kapab pran valiz sa a pou mwen,? M pa ka rive pran l.

6. Please get me a loaf of bread from the store. - Tanpri achte yon pen pou mwen nan magazen an.

7. Please get me a loaf of bread while you’re at the store. - Tanpri pran yon pen pou mwen pandan w nan magazen an.

Haitian Creole ↔ English Reference, Look up Haitian Creole and English Words

No comments:

Post a Comment