Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Saturday, February 8, 2014

I had learned that bay always changes when followed by pronouns in the following way: ban mwen, ba ou, ba li, ban nou, ba yo. But sometimes in Istwa Jezi pou timoun they use "bay" like this: "Abraram te konn bay Bondye kado. Li te konn bay li bèt." The first bay makes sense to me because it's followed by the name Bondye. But I would think the second “bay” should be just “ba” because it's followed by “li”. Is there a reason that it doesn't change to ba here? Or can you substitute bay for ba anytime?


If I was writing this paragraph I would have used “ba” in the second sentence because that’s what it should be.  You may have found a typo there.

Haitian Creole ↔ English Reference, Look up Haitian Creole and English Words

No comments:

Post a Comment