Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Sunday, February 2, 2014

I thought I had heard everything in Creole but I learned today that "metye" means lesbian or homosexual. I thought it meant "career" or "trade". would asking "ki metye w?", as I've learned from one of your post, be the same as asking about sexual orientation?


No.  The term is “nan metye” which may mean “Having a homosexual relation with”.  It must be within context to be translated that way.

Haitian sometimes may say “M pa nan metye avè w.” I’m not sleeping with you

Or one could say , “De mesye sa yo nan metye.” - These two men are together.

Haitian Creole ↔ English Reference, Look up Haitian Creole and English Words

No comments:

Post a Comment