Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

M gen de kesyon. Dabò, ki jan ou ta tradwi 'anyen' nan fraz sa a: 'Ou pa itil zetwal yo anyen? Li vle di 'at all' oubyen 'for nothing'? Tou, èske fraz 'pawòl pwezi' gen siyifikasyon espesyal, oubyen li sèman vle di 'poetic words'? Mèsi

I would just just translate it as a "negation"... no use, nothing, or not ...anything
But we can also say... use for nothing

Ou pa itil zetwal yo anyen.
You are of no use to the stars.
The stars can use you for nothing.

Ou pa itil mwen anyen.
You are of no use to me.
I cannot use you for anything

Poukisa w te achte machin ize sa a?  Li toujou anpàn.  Li pa itil nou anyen.
Why did you give buy this used car?  It's always broken down. It's of no use to us.

Why did you give buy this used car?  It's always broken down. It's good for nothing.

I agree with you, pawòl pwezi sounds like "poetic words", "beautiful words"


Haitian Creole ↔ English Reference, Look up Haitian Creole and English Words

2 comments:

  1. Wow that is some strange phrasing...

    "Ou pa itil mwen anyen."

    Couldn't you read that as "You don't use me for anything"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's more like: You are not useful to me.


      "You don't use me for anything."
      will be translated as:
      "Ou pa itilize m pou anyen."
      "Ou pa pwofite mwen."

      Delete