Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

I have heard my mom said "te mèt sa". What does that means and in what context is it used in? Also, are there other expressions with the same meaning as the one above?

te mèt sa (Li te mèt sa)
or
menm si se te sa
or 
menm si se ta sa
or
tout menm
or
malgre sa
even so
even if it was so
nonetheless

egzanp:
Pa di m ou pèdi tout lajan m nan yon paryaj.  Te mèt sa, ou dwe ranbouse mwen li.
Don't tell me you lost all my money in a bet.  Nonetheless, you must reimburse me.

Haitian Creole ↔ English Reference, Look up Haitian Creole and English Words

No comments:

Post a Comment