Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

"From" continues to confuse me...I found a Jan 2013 post where you used 'moun' as 'from.' Is this the same as 'soti'? Mesi.

You can use 'MOUN" when indicating origin such as
Mwen se moun New york
I am a person of New York (literally)
I am from New York.

Li se moun Alabama.
She is from Alabama.

So yes,  it means the same as "Mwen soti New York" or "Mwen soti Alabama"

If you haven't done so already, check this link: Using FROM in Creole
And I have also used "moun" in the audio post titled Nan Estasyon Bis la

No comments:

Post a Comment