Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Friday, February 21, 2014

Making 'Haitian' Egg Sandwich (Audio)


Click on this link to listen.  Thanks
http://www.audioacrobat.com/play/WFZ8S4pS

Bòs Litreille, sa w’ap fè la a?
Bòs Litreille what are you doing?
 
M’ap chache zouti pou’m ka fè manje
I’m looking for tools so I can cook.
 
Ki kalite manje ou pral kuit ak zouti sa yo?
What kind of food will you cook with these tools?
 
 M ta renmen fè yon sandwich ze.
 I’d like to make an egg sandwich.
 
And what is this hammer for?
 
 Mato a se pou m ka kase ze a.
 The hammer is so that I can break the egg.
 
 O non bòs Litreille se pa konsa ou fè manje. Rale pwelon w, te’m montre w kijan ou fè sandwich ze.
 Oh no bòs Litreille that’s not how you cook.  Pull out you frying pan, let me show you how to make egg sandwich.
 
Dakò
Ok
 
 Premyèman ou chofe pwelon an, enpi lage yon ti bè ladan l.
 First you heat up the pan, then you add (drop) a little butter in it.
 
Dakò
Ok
 
 Dezyèmman, pran yon bòl.  Kase ze a sou arebò bòl la. Bat ze a  byen bat.
 Secondly take a bowl.  Break the egg over the rim of the bowl. Beat the egg really well.
 
 Ak kisa pou m bat ze a menm?
 With what should I break the egg exactly?
 
 Ou gen dwa itilize yon batèz oubyen on fouchèt.
 You may use an egg beater or a fork.
 
 Kisa pou m fè apre sa?
 What should I do after that?
 
Apre sa ou gen dwa sote yon ti zonyon nan bè a, ansanm ak ti moso tomat, ti konkonm, ti piman, aransò…
You may sauté a little onion in the butter, together with little pieces of tomatoes, some cucumbers, some peppers, herring...
 
 Aransò tou?
 Herring also?
 
 Men wi!  Se pa ze Ayisyen w’ap fè?
Of course!  Isn't it Haitian eggs you are making?
 Of course! Aren't you making Haitian eggs? 
 

Lèfini, lage ze a nan pwelon an.  Li pa’p pran w plis ke 3 minit pou'l pare.
Afterwards, drop the eggs into the frying pan.  It will not take more that 3 minutes to be ready.

Pandanstan sa a m’ap chofe pen m.
In the mean time I’ll heat up my bread.

Se sa.  E men ni!  Sandwich ou pare.
That's right,  And there it is!  Your sandwich is ready.

 Hmmmm Ala bon!
 Hmmmm How good!

 Bòs Litreille, ban m fè yon ti goute non!
 Bòs Litreille, let me have a taste, wont you?!

Dakò. M’ap pran mwatye, m’ap ba w mwatye
Sure. I’ll take half, I ‘ll give you half.

 Mèsi . Hmmmm ala sandwich gou!    Ou gen kafe bòs Litreille?
 Thank you.  Hmmm! What tasty sandwich!  Do you have coffee bòs Litreille?

Non m pa genyen men m kapap bouyi enpe.  Kisa m bezwen pou m fè kafe a la? Yon pwelon ak yon chalimo?
No I don’t but I can boil some.  What do I need to make the  coffee?  A frying pan and a blow torch?

O Non, ou pa bezwen tout sa. Ou sèlman bezwen yon kafetyè, enpe dlo, enpe kafe, e petèt yon ti lèt ak  sik.
No you don’t need all that.  You only need a coffee pot, some water, some coffee and maybe some milk and sugar.

Enben vin al fè kafe a.
Well let's go make the coffee.

Track: TANBOU NOU by Zenglen

Haitian Creole ↔ English Reference, Look up Haitian Creole and English Words

No comments:

Post a Comment