Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Wow what odd rules for kids! I guess, for me being raised by a Southern parent, I understand about not being sassy to grownups. But to be slapped just for looking at someone who's talking?! How do Haitian parents show love to their kids?

I think it's called tough love.
Most Haitian parents, in Haiti, don't hug their kids a lot, but they do love them.
Most of them concentrate on "working hard' to give their kids the best education and moral values so the kids would have a better life that they had.
By "working hard", I mean that they'll walk door to door selling peanuts and coal to put their kids through school.
My parents were not big huggers, but i did feel love from them.
But in my home, I hug my kids a lot:)

Ask me anything

No comments:

Post a Comment