Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Mwen jwenn Carline!

Mwen jwenn Carline!
I've found Carline!

Today I reconnected with my best friend, Carline.
In Haiti, we went to secondary school together.
At twelve and thirteen years old, we were the best of friends.
In 1984, I moved to the US and she stayed in Haiti.
The last time we saw each other was almost 20 years ago.
I then visited her at her family home in Haiti.
Then we lost contact.
After that, she moved and I moved.
She got married and I got married.
I started searching for her.
I was frantically looking for her especially after the January 2010 earthquake.
But I never found her.
Today, I received a phone call.  It was her.
"Do you know how desperately I've been looking for you?" She said.
"You are hard to find!" She continued.
I didn't recognize her voice.
I was pleasantly surprised when I learned it was my long lost best friend on the phone.
I was happy to learn that she was devotedly looking for me too.
Turns out she relocated to the US immediately after the earthquake,
and she was living about less than fours away from me.
I thought that was amazingly unbelievable.
And now that I'm not searching for her anymore,
I don't know what I'm going to do with my free time!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Mandaly!!! That is awesome news. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. It was truly one of the best days of my life:)

    ReplyDelete