Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Monday, February 13, 2017

What are the various ways "and" can be written or expressed in Haitian Creole. I have noticed ak but also "e" , and epi...are these all correct.

Yes. We use e, epi, ak, avèk avè.

"e" joins two or more independent clauses
Mwen bouke, mwen grangou, e dòmi nan je m.
I am tired, I'm hungry, and I'm sleepy.

"epi" - and, and then, then
Li te rele m de (2) jou pase pou revoke m, epi apre sa li pa janm rele m ankò.
He called me two days ago to fire me, and after that he never called me again.

ak, avèk, avè joins two or more words or groups of words.

Papa w ak frè w te vin wè w maten an men ou pa t lakay ou.
Your father and brother came to see you this morning but you weren't home.

Machin ak vwati se menm bagay la.
Machin and vwati are the same things.

Haitian Creole ↔ English Reference, Look up Haitian Creole and English Words

No comments:

Post a Comment