Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

what is exactly meant by 'tout bon', with examples please.thanks

tout bon - true, for good, for real
We use it to say that something is true, something is a fact

Se tout bon. - It's true.
Èske se tout bon? - Is it true?

Èske se tout bon ou te rankontre ak vedèt Beyonce nan yon restoran?
Is it true that you met superstar Beyonce at a restaurant?

Tout bon? - Really?

We also say: pou tout bon

Se pou tout bon wi. - It's true. / It's for real.

Lè m te di w ke m t ap kite w la, se te pou tout bon wi.
When I told you that I was going to leave you, it was for real.
When I told you that I was going to leave you, I meant it.

Li fache tout bon wi. or Li fache pou tout bon.
She is angry for real.
She's really angry.

Mwen renmen w tout bon.
I love you for real.
I really love you.

Se pa manti m ap fè non, se bagay tout bon m ap pale w.
It's not a lie that I'm making, it's something for real I am telling you.
I'm not lying, I'm telling you the truth.

Se pa espre l ap fè non, se tout bon li pa ka mache.
He's not pretending, he truly can't walk.


Haitian Creole ↔ English Reference, Look up Haitian Creole and English Words

No comments:

Post a Comment