Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Sunday, July 22, 2012

hello, what is 'every body dies but not every body lives'

Hi.  Before I translate this, I think I need to understand this.  You are saying 'Everyone will die, no one will live' ....Is that right?  That would be different from the way you have it ...literally

Everybody dies, but not everybody lives.
Tout moun mouri, men se pa tout moun ki viv.


Everyone will die, no one will live (as in no one will be alive)
Tout moun ap mouri, pa gen moun k'ap viv.


Everyone will die, no one will live (as in no one will survive)
Tout moun ap mouri, pagen moun k'ap chape.
Haitian Creole ↔ English Reference, Look up Haitian Creole and English Words

5 comments:

  1. I think this is a movie line... something like

    "Everyone dies, but not everyone truly lives"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah ... I see.

      It's kind of challenging to capture the essence of what this is saying. If I understand your version correctly, I think it should say in Creole Tout moun mouri, men pa gen moun ki vrèman viv

      Mezanmi o! Se bèl pawòl!

      Dakò. Mèsi.

      Delete
  2. You know what? I am rethinking this translation....
    Everyone dies, but not everyone truly lives.
    should really be in Creole:
    Tout moun gen pou mouri, men se pa tout moun ki vrèman viv.

    I think this translation says it better. It's more poetic :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marvelous, what a weblog it is! This blog presents useful information to us, keep it up.
    Take a look at my webpage ... soccer

    ReplyDelete